Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 12. Kinds of Insurance, Limits of Risk, and Reinsurance
- Section 50. Health and Health Care Insurance Defined.
previous: Section 40
. Life Insurance Defined.
next: Section 52
. Disability Insurance Defined.
AS 21.12.050. Health and Health Care Insurance Defined.
- (a) Health insurance is insurance of human beings (1) against bodily injury, disablement, or death by accident or
accidental means; (2) against the resulting expenses of the injury, disablement, or death; (3) against disablement or
expense resulting from sickness or childbirth; (4) against expense incurred in prevention of sickness; (5) for dental
care; and (6) including every insurance that applies to injury, disablement, or death. Transaction of health insurance
includes disability insurance and stop-loss insurance but does not include workers' compensation insurance. Health care
insurance described in (b) of this section is a type of health insurance under this subsection.
- (b) Health care insurance means that part of health insurance that provides benefits for medical care whether provided
directly, through reimbursement, or other method.
- (c) In this section, "stop-loss insurance" means insurance purchased by a self-insured employer to cover benefits the
employer incurs in excess of a preset limit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.