Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 80. Capital Funds Required of Old Domestic Insurers.
previous: Section 70
. Capital Funds Required of Foreign Insurers and New Domestic Insurers.
next: Section 90
. Deposit Requirement.
AS 21.09.080. Capital Funds Required of Old Domestic Insurers.
- (a) In order for a domestic insurer to renew and continue the insurer's certificate of authority after January 1, 1992,
the insurer must possess at least the basic capital, basic guarantee surplus, and additional maintained surplus
required under AS 21.09.070
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 85 ch 50 SLA 1990].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 85 ch 50 SLA 1990].
- (d) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a domestic life insurer duly licensed and capitalized on December 31,
1984, shall have and maintain the capital and surplus required under the laws of this state on December 31, 1984, as if
the laws had continued in force. This subsection does not apply to a domestic life insurer if the ownership of the
insurer is changed, or the class, line, and volume of the business written is materially changed from that written on
December 31, 1984.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.