Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 22. Landscaping and Scenic Enhancement
- Section 20. Authorization to Acquire and Improve.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 30
AS 19.22.020. Authorization to Acquire and Improve.
- (a) The department is authorized to acquire by purchase, exchange, gift, or condemnation land or any interest in land
necessary for the restoration, preservation, and enhancement of scenic beauty, within or adjacent to the rights-of-way
of highways on the state highway system.
- (b) The department may acquire and develop publicly owned and controlled rest and recreation areas and sanitary and other
facilities within or adjacent to the highway right-of-way reasonably necessary to accommodate the traveling public.
- (c) The department may make improvements necessary to implement the purposes of AS 19.22.010
- (d) The condemnation authority granted by this chapter may not be exercised beyond 660 feet from the right-of-way of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.