Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 14. Local Administration of Schools
- Section 50. Annual Audit.
previous: Section 20
. Bond Required.
next: Section 60
. Relationship Between Borough School District and Borough; Finances and Buildings.
AS 14.14.050. Annual Audit.
- (a) The school board in each school district shall, before October 1 of each year, provide for an audit of all school
accounts for the school year ending the preceding June 30. To make the audit the school board shall contract with a
public accountant who has no personal interest, direct or indirect, in the fiscal affairs of the district. One
certified copy of the audit shall be filed with the commissioner and one certified copy shall be posted in a public
place at the principal administrative office of the district.
- (b) The audit shall conform in form to requirements established by the commissioner. The commissioner shall withhold all
payments of state funds after November 15 to a school district that fails to file a certified copy of the audit with
- (c) The commissioner may provide for a reaudit or an audit check in a school district if in the commissioner's judgment it
is necessary to substantiate the reported expenditures.
- (d) The school board shall not make the audit if an audit that satisfies the requirements of this section and that is
filed and posted as required by this section is made according to AS 29.35.120
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.