Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 9. Transportation of Pupils
- Section 30. School Buses.
previous: Section 25
. Drug Testing For School Bus Drivers.
next: Chapter 10
. Administration of the School System
AS 14.09.030. School Buses.
- (a) A municipal school district or regional educational attendance area shall
- (1) provide instruction on safe boarding, riding, exiting, and emergency procedures to school children transported to or
from a public school by school bus;
- (2) provide instruction to drivers and passengers on the proper use of seat belts if school children in the municipal
school district or regional educational attendance area are transported in buses equipped with seat belts; and
- (3) conduct at least three school bus drills each school year in safe boarding, exiting, and emergency procedures; one
drill must be conducted during the first three weeks of the school term.
- (b) The department shall
- (1) establish equipment requirements for each type of school bus that is used to transport school children to or from a
- (2) at least twice each calendar year, inspect each school bus for compliance with requirements adopted under this
- (3) maintain a record of each accident involving a school bus or other vehicle transporting school children that is owned
by, leased by, or provided under contract to a municipal school district or regional educational attendance area; the
record must include the date of the accident, a list of persons injured, whether the person's injury occurred within
the school bus, and each type of injury.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.