Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 16. Probate of Wills and Administration
- Section 600. Disposition of Unclaimed Assets.
previous: Section 595
. Distributions to Trustee.
next: Section 605
. Distribution to Person Under Disability.
AS 13.16.600. Disposition of Unclaimed Assets.
- (a) If an heir, devisee, or claimant cannot be found, the personal representative shall distribute the share of personal
property of the missing person to the person's conservator, or if the person has no conservator to the Department of
Revenue to be deposited in the general fund as required by AS 34.45.370
. Property distributable to the Department of Revenue under this subsection is subject to AS 34.45.280
- 34.45.780. If notice to the heir, devisee, or
claimant, substantially equivalent to that required by AS 34.45.310
, has been given by the personal representative or other person, AS 34.45.310
does not apply.
- (b) Real property distributable to a missing heir, devisee, or claimant shall be distributed first to the conservator of
the heir, devisee, or claimant; if the heir, devisee, or claimant has no conservator, the real property passes to the
state. Real property reported under this subsection is subject to AS 38.95.200
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.