Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 712. Nonademption of Specific Transfers in Trust; Unpaid Proceeds of Sale, Condemnation, or Insurance; Sale By Conservator or Agent.
previous: Section 711
. Interests in Heirs and Other Persons.
next: Section 720
. Family-Owned Business Deduction.
AS 13.12.712. Nonademption of Specific Transfers in Trust; Unpaid Proceeds of Sale, Condemnation, or Insurance; Sale By Conservator or Agent.
- (a) Unless the trust provides otherwise, a beneficiary of a trust has a right to property that, by the terms of the trust,
is to be specifically distributed to the beneficiary and to
- (1) any amount of a condemnation award that is for the taking of the property and that is unpaid when the distribution
- (2) any proceeds from fire or casualty insurance on, or other recovery for injury to, the property that are unpaid when
the distribution becomes effective; and
- (3) property owned by the settlor when the distribution becomes effective if the property is acquired as a result of
foreclosure, or obtained in lieu of foreclosure, of the security interest for the specifically distributed obligation.
- (b) Unless the covered trust provides otherwise, if property that is to be specifically distributed to a beneficiary of a
covered trust is instead sold or mortgaged by a trustee of the covered trust, or if a condemnation award, insurance
proceeds, or a recovery for injury to the property is paid to a trustee of the covered trust, the beneficiary has the
right to a general pecuniary property distribution that is equal to the net sale price, the amount of the unpaid loan,
the condemnation award, the insurance proceeds, or the recovery. In this subsection, "covered trust," means a trust
that was originally amendable or revocable by the settlor but that cannot be amended or revoked by the settlor because
of the settlor's incapacity.
- (c) The right of a beneficiary under (b) of this section is reduced by any right the beneficiary has under (a) of this
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 3 ch 36 SLA 2001].
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 3 ch 36 SLA 2001].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.