Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 61. Offenses Against Public Order
- Section 145. Promoting An Exhibition of Fighting Animals.
previous: Section 140
. Cruelty to Animals.
next: Section 150
. Obstruction of Highways.
AS 11.61.145. Promoting An Exhibition of Fighting Animals.
- (a) A person commits the crime of promoting an exhibition of fighting animals if the person
- (1) owns, possesses, keeps, or trains an animal with intent that it be engaged in an exhibition of fighting animals;
- (2) instigates, promotes, or has a pecuniary interest in an exhibition of fighting animals; or
- (3) attends an exhibition of fighting animals.
- (b) The animals, equipment, vehicles, money, and other personal property used by a person in a violation of (a)(1) or (2)
of this section shall be forfeited to the state if the person is convicted of an offense under this section.
- (c) In this section, "animal" means a vertebrate living creature not a human being, but does not include fish.
- (d) Promoting an exhibition of fighting animals
- (1) under (a)(1) or (2) of this section is a class C felony;
- (2) under (a)(3) of this section is a violation for the first offense and a class B misdemeanor for the second and each
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.