Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 87. Real Estate Appraisers
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 340
. Appraisals By Uncertified Appraisers Permitted.
next: Chapter 88
. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
AS 08.87.900. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "analysis assignment" means an analysis, opinion, or conclusion prepared by a real estate appraiser that relates to
the nature, quality, or utility of certified real estate or real property;
- (2) "appraisal" means an analysis, opinion, or conclusion prepared by a real estate appraiser relating to the nature,
quality, value, energy efficiency, or utility of specified interests in, or aspects of, identified real estate, and
includes a valuation appraisal, an analysis assignment, and a review assignment;
- (3) "appraisal assignment" means an engagement for which an appraiser is employed or retained to act, or would be
perceived by third parties or the public as acting, as a disinterested person rendering an unbiased analysis, opinion,
or conclusion relating to the nature, quality, value, or utility of specified interests in, or aspects of, identified
- (4) "appraisal report" means any communication, written or oral, of an appraisal;
- (5) "board" means the Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers;
- (6) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (7) "general real estate appraiser" means a real estate appraiser certified to appraise all types of real property;
- (8) "institutional real estate appraiser" means a real estate appraiser employed full-time by a financial institution with
offices in the state;
- (9) "real estate" means an identified parcel or tract of land, including improvements, but excluding subsurface natural
- (10) "real property" means one or more defined interests, benefits, and rights inherent in the ownership of real estate;
- (11) "residential real estate appraiser" means a real estate appraiser certified to appraise residential real property,
subject to the limitations of AS 08.87.100
- (12) "review assignment" means an analysis, opinion, or conclusion prepared by a real estate appraiser that forms an
opinion as to the adequacy and appropriateness of a valuation appraisal or an analysis assignment;
- (13) "valuation appraisal" means an analysis, opinion, or conclusion prepared by a real estate appraiser that estimates the
value of an identified parcel of real estate, or identified real property at a particular time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.