Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 115. Return of Cash Deposit.
previous: Section 111
. Advertising Bond and Insurance.
next: Section 116
AS 08.18.115. Return of Cash Deposit.
- (a) A contractor or home inspector who has filed a cash deposit and who ceases doing business as a contractor or home
inspector may request the return of as much of that cash deposit as is held by the commissioner by
- (1) filing a notarized statement with the commissioner that the contractor or home inspector has ceased doing business as
a contractor or home inspector, as applicable; and
- (2) filing a notarized statement with the commissioner at least three years after filing the statement in (1) of this
- (A) requests return of the cash deposit;
- (B) certifies that the former contractor or home inspector has not been engaged in business as a contractor or home
inspector, as applicable, for at least three years; and
- (C) certifies that to the best of the contractor's or home inspector's knowledge no action has been commenced upon the
cash deposit that has not been dismissed or reduced to a final judgment that has been satisfied.
- (b) The commissioner, after paying any judgments against the cash deposit under AS 08.18.081
(b), shall return the remainder of a former contractor's or former home inspector's cash deposit to the contractor or
home inspector, as applicable, if
- (1) the former contractor or former home inspector has complied with (a) of this section; and
- (2) no action has been commenced upon the cash deposit that has not been dismissed or reduced to a final judgment that has
Article 03. ENFORCEMENT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.