Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 23. Pre-Inspection Documents and Inspection Reports.
previous: Section 22
. Home Inspectors; Associate Home Inspectors.
next: Section 24
. Specialty Contractors.
AS 08.18.023. Pre-Inspection Documents and Inspection Reports.
- (a) Before performing a home inspection, a registered home inspector or associate home inspector shall provide to the
person on whose behalf a home is inspected a written document that includes the home inspector's registration number
and that specifies
- (1) the scope of intended inspection; the scope of the intended inspection may include systems and components that are not
listed in AS 08.18.171(8); and
- (2) that the inspector will notify in writing the person on whose behalf the inspection is being made of defects noted
during the inspection along with a recommendation, if any, that experts be retained to conduct further evaluation
through examination and analysis by a qualified professional, tradesperson, or service technician beyond that provided
by the home inspection to determine the extent of defects and corrective action necessary to address the defects.
- (b) After performance of a home inspection, a registered home inspector or associate home inspector shall give a written
home inspection report to the person requesting the inspection. The written report must include the home inspector's
registration number and a review of the condition of each system and component identified as being within the scope of
the intended inspection under (a) of this section except that a home inspector's written report for new construction
that is the subject of a loan by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation or another lender may be in the form required
by the corporation or other lender, as appropriate.
- (c) In addition to the written inspection report required under (b) of this section, an oral inspection report may be
given by the inspector during or after the inspection.
- (d) A home inspection report is valid for 180 days after the date the home inspector signs and dates the report.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.