Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 6. Banks and Financial Institutions
- Chapter 5. Alaska Banking Code
- Section 550. Authority of International Bank, Interstate State Bank, or Interstate National Bank to Branch.
previous: Section 548
. Concentration of Deposits.
next: Section 555
. Certificate of Authority For Interstate State Bank and International Bank Branching.
AS 06.05.550. Authority of International Bank, Interstate State Bank, or Interstate National Bank to Branch.
- (a) An international bank, an interstate state bank, or an interstate national bank whose deposits are insured by the
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation may acquire a branch bank as the result of a merger or consolidation of the
international bank, interstate state bank, or interstate national bank with, or the purchase of all or substantially
all of the assets of, a state bank, a national bank with its principal office in this state, or a branch of the state
bank or national bank, unless the state bank or national bank is a recently formed bank.
- (b) An international bank may establish a new branch bank in this state or acquire a recently formed bank if the
department approves the establishment or acquisition before the establishment or acquisition occurs. An interstate
state bank or interstate national bank may not establish a branch bank in this state unless the establishment occurs
through an acquisition under (a) of this section of a bank located in the state. An interstate state bank or interstate
national bank may not establish a new branch bank in this state.
- (c) An interstate state bank, interstate national bank, or international bank that opens, occupies, or maintains a branch
bank in the state has the same powers under the laws of the state as a state or national bank of the same type.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.