- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 90. Displaced Homemakers
- Section 10. Program Established.
previous: Chapter 90
. Displaced Homemakers
next: Section 20
. Multipurpose Service Centers.
AS 47.90.010. Program Established.
- (a) The commissioner, in consultation with state and local government agencies, community groups, and groups concerned
with displaced homemakers, may
- (1) contract with eligible private profit and nonprofit corporations for multipurpose service centers for displaced
homemakers; contracting under this paragraph is governed by AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code); and
- (2) coordinate existing state programs for displaced homemakers.
- (b) The commissioner shall adopt regulations prescribing the standards to be met by each multipurpose service center for
displaced homemakers in accordance with the policies established in this chapter.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 67 ch 106 SLA 1986].
- (d) To be eligible for an award of a contract under this chapter a private profit or nonprofit corporation must be
governed by a board of directors whose membership is broadly representative of the community in which it operates as
determined by the commissioner.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.