- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 40. Purchase of Services
- Section 41. Grants.
previous: Section 40
. Determination of Full Cost of Services. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 119 SLA 1984].
next: Section 50
. Services. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 119 SLA 1984].
AS 47.40.041. Grants.
- (a) The department shall award grants in accordance with its regulations. The department may award grants for periods not
to exceed three years. The department may adjust grant amounts annually, using a cost-of-living allowance formula
adopted in its regulations. Grant awards are subject to legislative appropriation. If insufficient money is
appropriated to fund all grants awarded, the department shall prorate grant amounts, reduce the number of beds
contracted for, or otherwise adjust grants to the extent of the appropriated funds.
- (b) Notices published by the department concerning the opening of the application process for a grant award must specify
the geographical area in which services are needed, the type of services, the number of beds anticipated to be needed,
the maximum number of days of care, and any other requirements established by the department. Grants authorized under
this section are exempt from AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code).
- (c) Grants may not include payment for
- (1) costs, including salaries and fees, incurred in raising funds or lobbying;
- (2) [Repealed, Sec. 1 ch 102 SLA 1996].
- (3) costs of academic education that duplicate the public education system, except as provided for in regulations;
- (4) costs of religious training; and
- (5) costs that are funded by other government sources.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.