- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 75. Weights and Measures Act
- Section 200. Declarations of Quantity and Origin On Packages.
previous: Section 190
. Method of Sale of Commodities.
next: Section 210
. Declarations of Unit Price On Random Packages.
AS 45.75.200. Declarations of Quantity and Origin On Packages.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a commodity in package form introduced or delivered for introduction
into or received in intrastate commerce, kept for the purpose of sale, or offered or exposed for sale in intrastate
commerce shall bear on the outside of the package a definite, plain, and conspicuous declaration of
- (1) the net quantity of the contents in terms of weight, measure, or count;
- (2) in the case of a package kept, offered, or exposed for sale, or sold in a place other than on the premises where
packed, the name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor; and
- (3) the identity of the commodity in the package unless it can easily be identified through the wrapper.
- (b) In the declaration required under (a)(1) of this section the qualifying term "when packed" or other words of similar
import, or a term qualifying a unit of weight, measure, or count such as for example "jumbo," "giant," "full," and the
like that tends to exaggerate the amount of commodity in a package, may not be used.
- (c) Under (a)(1) of this section the director shall, by regulation, establish
- (1) reasonable variations or tolerances to be allowed, which may include variations below the declared weight or measure
caused by ordinary and customary exposure, only after the commodity is introduced into intrastate commerce, to
conditions that normally occur in good distribution practice and that unavoidably result in decreased weight or
- (2) exemption as to small packages; and
- (3) exemptions as to commodities put up in variable weights or sizes for sale to the consumer intact and either
customarily not sold as individual units or customarily weighed or measured at the time of sale to the consumer.
- (d) The marking provisions of this section do not apply to unwrapped loaves of bread.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.