(a) Before the hearing begins the agency shall issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum at the request of a party in accordance with the rules of civil procedure. After the hearing begins the agency hearing a case or a hearing officer sitting alone may issue subpoenas and subpoenas duces tecum.
(b) A subpoena issued under (a) of this section extends to all parts of the state and shall be served in accordance with the rules of civil procedure. A witness is not obliged to attend at a place out of the house district in which the witness resides unless the distance is less than 100 miles from the place of residence, except that the agency, upon affidavit of a party showing that the testimony of the witness is material and necessary, may endorse on the subpoena an order requiring the attendance of the witness.
(c) A witness who is not a party and who appears under a subpoena is entitled to receive
(1) fees as prescribed for a witness in court actions, unless the witness is an officer or employee of the state or a political subdivision of the state;
(2) reimbursement of transportation expenses in accordance with standards established by the Department of Administration under AS 39.20.160, for required travel in excess of 30 miles round trip from the witness’s residence; and
(3) reimbursement of food and lodging expenses in accordance with standards established by the Department of Administration under AS 39.20.160 for each day of actual attendance and for each day of reasonable and necessary travel to and from the place of the hearing if the witness attends a hearing or deposition at a point so distant from the residence of the witness that a return to the residence from day to day is not practicable.
(d) Fees, transportation expenses, and food and lodging expenses shall be paid by the party at whose request the witness is subpoenaed.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 44.62.010. Application to State Organization Act of 1959.
- Sec. 44.62.020. Authority to adopt, administer, or enforce regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.030. Consistency between regulation and statute.
- Sec. 44.62.040. Submitting regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.050. Style and forms.
- Sec. 44.62.060. Preparation and filing.
- Sec. 44.62.070. Fees.
- Sec. 44.62.080. Endorsement and filing.
- Sec. 44.62.090. Filing with local government unit clerks. [Repealed, § 2 ch 57 SLA 1969.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.100. Presumptions from filing.
- Sec. 44.62.110. Presumptions from publication.
- Sec. 44.62.120. Voluntary submitting and publication.
- Sec. 44.62.125. Regulations attorney.
- Sec. 44.62.130. Codification and publication.
- Sec. 44.62.140. Distribution of code and register.
- Sec. 44.62.150. Price. [Repealed, § 49 ch 127 SLA 1974.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.160. Date and content of register.
- Sec. 44.62.170. Form of publication. [Repealed, § 2 ch 57 SLA 1969.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.175. Alaska Online Public Notice System.
- Sec. 44.62.180. Effective date.
- Sec. 44.62.190. Notice of proposed action.
- Sec. 44.62.195. Fiscal notes on regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.200. Contents of notice.
- Sec. 44.62.210. Public proceedings.
- Sec. 44.62.213. Agency contact with the public.
- Sec. 44.62.215. Record of public comment.
- Sec. 44.62.218. Regulations affecting small businesses. [Repealed, § 2 ch 91 SLA 2005.] Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.220. Right to petition.
- Sec. 44.62.230. Procedure on petition.
- Sec. 44.62.240. Limitation on retroactive action.
- Sec. 44.62.245. Material incorporated by reference.
- Sec. 44.62.250. Emergency regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.260. Limitation on effective period of emergency regulations.
- Sec. 44.62.270. State policy.
- Sec. 44.62.280. Purpose of AS 44.62.180
- Sec. 44.62.290. Limits of the application of AS 44.62.180
- Sec. 44.62.300. Judicial review of validity.
- Sec. 44.62.305. Judicial relief in administrative matters.
- Sec. 44.62.310. Government meetings public.
- Sec. 44.62.312. State policy regarding meetings.
- Sec. 44.62.319. Short title.
- Sec. 44.62.330. Application of AS 44.62.330
- Sec. 44.62.340. Delegation of power by agencies.
- Sec. 44.62.350. Appointment of hearing officers.
- Sec. 44.62.360. Accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.370. Statement of issues.
- Sec. 44.62.380. Service of accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.390. Notice of defense.
- Sec. 44.62.400. Amended or supplemental accusation.
- Sec. 44.62.410. Time and place of hearing.
- Sec. 44.62.420. Form of notice of hearing.
- Sec. 44.62.440. Depositions.
- Sec. 44.62.450. Hearings.
- Sec. 44.62.460. Evidence rules.
- Sec. 44.62.470. Evidence by affidavit.
- Sec. 44.62.480. Official notice.
- Sec. 44.62.490. Amendment of accusation after submission.
- Sec. 44.62.500. Decision in a contested case.
- Sec. 44.62.510. Form and retroactivity of decision.
- Sec. 44.62.520. Effective date of decision; stay.
- Sec. 44.62.530. Default.
- Sec. 44.62.540. Reconsideration.
- Sec. 44.62.550. Petition for reinstatement or reduction of penalty.
- Sec. 44.62.560. Judicial review.
- Sec. 44.62.570. Scope of review.
- Sec. 44.62.580. Continuances.
- Sec. 44.62.590. Contempt.
- Sec. 44.62.600. Voting procedure.
- Sec. 44.62.610. Charge.
- Sec. 44.62.620. Power to administer oaths.
- Sec. 44.62.630. Impartiality.
- Sec. 44.62.635. [Renumbered as AS 44.62.930 Renumbered
- Sec. 44.62.640. Definitions for AS 44.62.010
- Sec. 44.62.650. [Renumbered as AS 44.62.950 Renumbered
- Sec. 44.62.710. Purpose and applicability of AS 44.62.710
- Sec. 44.62.720. Determination of need for negotiated regulation making committee.
- Sec. 44.62.730. Use of convener.
- Sec. 44.62.740. Establishment, time line, support, and termination of committee.
- Sec. 44.62.750. Committee duties, procedures, and report.
- Sec. 44.62.760. Facilitator selection, duties, and authority.
- Sec. 44.62.770. Employees, contractors, and funding.
- Sec. 44.62.780. Judicial review.
- Sec. 44.62.790. Relationship to other requirements.
- Sec. 44.62.795. Confidentiality of certain records and documents.
- Sec. 44.62.800. Definitions. Repealed
- Sec. 44.62.930. Teleconferencing.
- Sec. 44.62.950. Short title.