- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 60. Preparation and Filing.
previous: Section 50
. Style and Forms.
next: Section 70
AS 44.62.060. Preparation and Filing.
- (a) Every state agency that by statute possesses regulation-making authority shall work with the Department of Law, under
, in the preparation and revision of its regulations and shall adhere to the drafting manual for administrative
regulations prepared by the Department of Law under AS 44.62.050
- (b) In the performance of duties under AS 44.62.125
, the Department of Law shall advise the agencies on legal matters relevant to the adoption of regulations and may
advise the agencies on the need for and the policy involved in particular regulations. In addition, the department
shall prepare a written statement of approval or disapproval after each regulation has been reviewed in order to
- (1) its legality, constitutionality, and consistency with other regulations;
- (2) the existence of statutory authority and the correctness of the required citation of statutory authority following
- (3) its clarity, simplicity of expression, and absence of possibility of misapplication;
- (4) compliance with the drafting manual for administrative regulations.
- (c) The lieutenant governor may not accept for filing a regulation, amendment, or order of repeal required by AS 44.62.040
unless it is accompanied by the written statement specified in (b) of this section and the statement approves the
regulation, amendment, or order of repeal.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.