- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 6. Geothermal Resources
- Section 20. Application.
previous: Section 10
. Waste Prohibited.
next: Section 30
. Reservoir Management.
AS 41.06.020. Application.
- (a) The commissioner has jurisdiction over all persons and property, public and private, necessary to carry out the
purposes and intent of this chapter.
- (b) The authority of the commissioner applies to all private, municipal, state, and federal land in the state lawfully
subject to the police power of the state. When any of that land is committed to a unit agreement involving land
subject to federal jurisdiction, the operation of this chapter or a part of this chapter may be suspended, if the unit
operations are regulated by the United States and if the conservation of geothermal resources is accomplished under the
- (c) The provisions of this chapter apply
- (1) when a person engaged in drilling activity not subject to the provisions of this chapter encounters geothermal fluid
or water of sufficient heat or pressure to constitute a threat to human life or health, unless the drilling operation
is subject to oil and gas drilling regulation under AS 31.05;
- (2) in areas and under conditions in which the commissioner determines that drilling activity may encounter geothermal
fluid or water of sufficient heat or pressure to constitute a threat to human life or health.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.