- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 9. Trust Management.
previous: Section 7
. Authority as Trustee.
next: Section 10
. Mental Health Fund Established. [Repealed, Sec. 13 Ch 48 SLA 1987].
AS 37.14.009. Trust Management.
- (a) The Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority
- (1) has a fiduciary obligation to ensure that the assets of the trust are managed consistent with the requirements of the
Alaska Mental Health Enabling Act, P.L. 84-830, 70 Stat. 709 (1956);
- (2) shall contract with the Department of Natural Resources to manage the land assets of the trust; the contract must
provide for the recording of at least one conveyance to the authority by quitclaim deed of mental health trust land in
each recording district in the state in which mental health trust land is located; a conveyance to the authority is
exempt from the platting and surveying requirements of AS 38.04.045(b) and municipal ordinances adopted under AS 29.40; when the Department of Natural Resources manages land assets
of the trust under a contract entered into under this paragraph, the department shall
- (A) manage in conformity with AS 38.05.801
- (B) consult with the authority before adopting regulations under AS 38.05.801(c);
- (C) provide notice to, and consult with, the authority regarding all proposed actions subject to public notice under AS 38.05.945
before giving that public notice;
- (D) annually provide the authority with a report including
- (i) a description of all land management activities undertaken under this section during the prior year;
- (ii) an accounting of all income and proceeds generated from mental health trust land;
- (iii) an explanation of the manner in which the income and proceeds were allocated between the mental health trust fund and
the mental health trust settlement income account; and
- (E) obtain the approval of the authority before exchanging mental health trust land under AS 38.05.801
- (3) shall contract with Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation for management of the mental health trust fund.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 39 ch 5 FSSLA 1994].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.