- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 31. Oil and Gas
- Chapter 5. Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Act
- Section 90. Permits to Drill Wells.
previous: Section 85
. Expenses of Investigation or Hearing.
next: Section 93
. Regulated Well Regulatory Cost Charge.
AS 31.05.090. Permits to Drill Wells.
- (a) A person shall apply for and receive a permit from the commission before drilling
- (1) a well in search of oil or gas;
- (2) a well in support of the recovery or production of oil or gas;
- (3) an underground injection well for the purpose of gas storage; or
- (4) an underground injection well for which the state has acquired primary enforcement responsibility under AS 31.05.030 (h).
- (b) A person must submit a separate permit application for each well. The permit application must be in the form
required by the commission and include all information required by the commission.
- (c) After receiving an application under (b) of this section, the commission shall promptly approve or deny the
application for a permit to drill.
- (d) In making a determination under (c) of this section, the commission shall consider whether the
- (1) proposed well is contrary to law, a provision of this chapter, a regulation adopted under this chapter, or
an order, stipulation, or term of a permit issued by the commission; or
- (2) applicant is in violation of a provision of this chapter, a regulation adopted under this chapter, or an order,
stipulation, or term of a permit issued by the commission and the magnitude of such violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.