- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 80. Tax On Oil and Gas Production and Pipeline Property.
previous: Section 70
. Mobile Homes.
next: Section 90
. Tax Limitation.
AS 29.45.080. Tax On Oil and Gas Production and Pipeline Property.
- (a) A municipality may levy and collect taxes on taxable property taxable under AS 43.56 only by using one of the methods set out in (b) or (c) of this
- (b) A municipality may levy and collect a tax on the full and true value of taxable property taxable under AS 43.56 as valued by the Department of Revenue at a rate not to exceed
that which produces an amount of revenue from the total municipal property tax equivalent to $1,500 a year for each
person residing in its boundaries.
- (c) A municipality may levy and collect a tax on the full and true value of that portion of taxable property taxable under
AS 43.56 as assessed by the Department of Revenue which value,
when combined with the value of property otherwise taxable by the municipality, does not exceed the product of 225
percent of the average per capita assessed full and true value of property in the state multiplied by the number of
residents of the taxing municipality.
- (d) By February 1 of each assessment year a taxing municipality shall inform the Department of Revenue which method of
taxation the municipality will use.
- (e) For purposes of this section, population shall be determined by the commissioner based on the latest statistics of the
United States Bureau of the Census or on other reliable population data, and the commissioner shall advise each
municipality of its population by January 15 of each year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.