Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 383. Labor Dispute Disqualification.
previous: Section 382
. Benefits While Attending Approved Vocational Training Course.
next: Section 385
. Suitable Work.
AS 23.20.383. Labor Dispute Disqualification.
- (a) An insured worker is disqualified for waiting-week credit or benefits for a week of the insured worker's unemployment
if, for that week, the department finds the insured worker's unemployment is due to a stoppage of work caused by a
labor dispute at the immediate establishment or other premises at which the insured worker is or was last employed.
For the purposes of this section, each separate department of the same premises which is commonly conducted as a
separate business in separate premises is considered a separate establishment or other premises.
- (b) This section does not apply if the department finds that
- (1) the insured worker was not participating in or directly interested in the labor dispute that caused the insured
worker's unemployment, and the insured worker did not belong to a grade or class of workers that, immediately before
the commencement of the dispute, had members employed at the premises at which the labor dispute occurred who were
participating in or directly interested in the labor dispute; or
- (2) the labor dispute is caused by the failure or refusal of the employer to comply with an agreement or contract between
the employer and the insured worker, or a state or federal law pertaining to hours, wages, or other conditions of work.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.