Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 60. Powers of the Department.
previous: Section 50
. Power to Issue Subpoenas and Take Testimony.
next: Section 65
. Fees For Publications, Research Data, and Other Services.
AS 23.05.060. Powers of the Department.
The department may
- (1) enforce all state labor laws;
- (2) act as mediator and appoint deputy commissioners of conciliation in labor disputes whenever it considers the interest
of industrial peace requires it;
- (3) make investigations, collect and compile statistical information concerning the conditions of labor generally and upon
all matters relating to the enforcement of this chapter;
- (4) institute court proceedings against an employer of labor without cost to the employee when it is satisfied that the
employer has failed to pay an employee an amount due by contract;
- (5) issue cease and desist orders and other orders and regulations necessary for the enforcement of state labor laws;
- (6) in accordance with AS 37.07 (the Executive Budget Act), receive
and spend money derived from agreements with local governments, nongovernmental organizations, or other persons.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.