Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 320. Copies of Data From Vital Records.
previous: Section 315
. Records of Missing Children.
next: Section 330
. Fees For Services.
AS 18.50.320. Copies of Data From Vital Records.
Except as otherwise provided and in accordance with the regulations adopted under AS 18.50.310
- (1) the bureau and the custodian of permanent local records shall, upon request, issue a certified copy of a certificate
or record in their custody, or a part of it; each copy issued must show the date of registration or recording, and
copies issued from records marked "delayed," "amended," or "court order" shall be similarly marked and must show the
- (2) a certified copy of a certificate or a part of it issued in accordance with (1) of this section is considered the
original for all purposes and is prima facie evidence of the facts stated, provided that the evidentiary value of a
certificate or record filed more than one year after the event, or a record that has been amended, or a presumptive
death certificate, shall be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate
is offered as evidence;
- (3) the National Office of Vital Statistics may be furnished the copies or data it requires for national statistics if the
bureau is reimbursed for the cost of furnishing the data; the National Office of Vital Statistics may not use the data
for purposes other than statistical purposes unless authorized by the state registrar;
- (4) federal, state, local, and other public or private agencies, upon request, may be furnished copies or data for
statistical purposes on the terms or conditions prescribed by the bureau;
- (5) a person or agency may not prepare or issue a certificate or part of a certificate that purports to be an original,
certified copy, or copy of a certificate of birth, death, fetal death, or marriage, except as authorized in this
chapter or the regulations adopted under it;
- (6) upon request, the bureau shall furnish a copy of a certificate or record registered by the bureau to the child support
services agency created in AS 25.27.010
, or the child support enforcement agency of another state, for child support purposes authorized under law; such a
certificate or record that is prepared or maintained in an electronic data base may be supplied by providing the
requesting agency with a copy of the electronic certificate or record and a statement certifying its contents.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.