Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 260. Sport Fishing Operator License.
previous: Section 250
. Salmon Fishery Associations.
next: Section 270
. Sport Fishing Guide License.
AS 16.40.260. Sport Fishing Operator License.
- (a) The department shall issue an annual sport fishing operator license to a person who
- (1) holds a current business license under AS 43.70 to provide
services to sport fishermen;
- (2) presents proof satisfactory to the department of a general liability insurance policy or marine protection and
indemnity insurance policy, covering the services provided by the person and the person's employees to sport fishermen,
that provides coverage of at least $100,000 for each incident, and $300,000 for all incidents in a year;
- (3) pays the license fee prescribed by AS 16.05.340
- (4) satisfies all additional requirements adopted in regulation by the Board of Fisheries.
- (b) A person may not provide sport fishing services unless the person holds a current sport fishing operator license and
has current insurance coverage as required in (a)(2) of this section.
- (c) A person who holds a current sport fishing operator license may contract to provide sport fishing guide services to a
sport fisherman through an employee who holds a current sport fishing guide license under AS 16.40.270
- (d) A person who holds a current sport fishing operator license may not directly provide sport fishing guide services to a
sport fisherman unless the person also holds a current sport fishing guide license under AS 16.40.270
- (e) A person who holds a sport fishing operator license may not aid in the commission of a violation of AS 16.05 - AS 16.40 or a regulation adopted under AS 16.05 - AS 16.40, including regulations relating to the proper method to
release fish, by a sport fishing guide who is employed by the person or by a sport fisherman who is a client of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.