Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 30. Destruction of Big Game Animals and Wild Fowl
- Section 10. Wanton Waste of Big Game Animals and Wild Fowl.
previous: Chapter 30
. Destruction of Big Game Animals and Wild Fowl
next: Section 12
. Possession of Horns or Antlers.
AS 16.30.010. Wanton Waste of Big Game Animals and Wild Fowl.
- (a) It is a class A misdemeanor for a person who kills a big game animal or a species of wild fowl to fail intentionally,
knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence to salvage for human consumption the edible meat of the animal or
- (b) If a person is convicted of violating this section and in the course of that violation failed to salvage from a big
game animal at least the hindquarters as far as the distal joint of the tibia-fibula (hock), the court shall impose a
sentence of imprisonment of not less than seven consecutive days and a fine of not less than $2,500.
- (c) The imposition or execution of the minimum sentence prescribed in (b) of this section may not be suspended under AS 12.55.080
or 12.55.085. The minimum sentence prescribed in (b)
of this section may not be reduced.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.