Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 475. Registration of Fishing Vessels.
previous: Section 470
. Fee For Issuance of Licenses.
next: Section 480
. Commercial Fishing License; Disclosure For Child Support Purposes.
AS 16.05.475. Registration of Fishing Vessels.
- (a) A person may not employ a fishing vessel in the water of this state unless it is registered under the laws of the
state. Vessels registered under the laws of another state, and persons residing in another state, are not excused from
- (b) The term "employ", as used in this section, shall be defined by the Board of Fisheries through the adoption of
regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act). The
definition may include any activities involving the use or navigation of fishing vessels.
- (c) The term "registered under the laws of the state", as used in this section, shall be defined by the Board of Fisheries
through the adoption of regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act). The definition may include any existing requirements regarding registration, licenses,
permits, and similar matters imposed by law or regulation together with modifications of them and with any additional
requirements the board finds necessary to maximize the authority of the state to apply and enforce fisheries
regulations under 16 U.S.C. 1801-1882 (Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976 (P.L. 94-265,
90 Stat. 331)).
- (d) In this section "fishing vessel" means any vessel, boat, ship, or other craft that is used for, equipped to be used
for, or of a type which is normally used for
- (1) fishing, or
- (2) aiding or assisting one or more vessels at sea in the performance of any activity relating to fishing, including, but
not limited to, preparation, supply, storage, refrigeration, transportation, or processing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.