Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 420. Special Needs and Intensive Services Funding.
previous: Section 410
. Public School Funding.
next: Section 430
. State Funding For Correspondence Study.
AS 14.17.420. Special Needs and Intensive Services Funding.
- (a) As a component of public school funding, a district is eligible for special needs funding and may be eligible for
intensive services funding as follows:
- (1) special needs funding is available to a district to assist the district in providing special education, gifted and
talented education, vocational education, and bilingual education services to its students; a special needs funding
factor of 1.20 shall be applied as set out in AS 14.17.410
- (2) in addition to the special needs funding for which a district is eligible under (1) of this subsection, a district is
eligible for intensive services funding for each special education student who needs and receives intensive services
and is enrolled on the last day of the count period; for each such student, intensive services funding is equal to the
intensive student count multiplied by five.
- (b) If a district offers special education, gifted and talented education, vocational education, or bilingual education
services, in order to receive funding under (a)(1) of this section, the district must file with the department a plan
that indicates the services that will be provided to students who receive these services.
- (c) In this section, "intensive services" has the meaning given by the department by regulation adopted under AS 14.30.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.