Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 11. Construction, Rehabilitation, and Improvement of Schools and Education- Related Facilities
- Section 14. Bond Reimbursement and Grant Review Committee.
previous: Section 13
. Department Review of Grant Applications.
next: Section 15
. Approval of Grant Applications.
AS 14.11.014. Bond Reimbursement and Grant Review Committee.
- (a) The commissioner shall establish a bond reimbursement and grant review committee for the purpose described in (b) of
this section. In making selections to the committee, the commissioner shall seek to maintain a regional statewide
balance on the committee. The committee shall consist of the commissioner or the commissioner's designee, two members
of the legislature selected by the presiding officers of the house and senate, and six other people selected by the
commissioner as follows:
- (1) two persons shall have professional degrees and experience in school construction;
- (2) two persons shall have experience in urban or rural school facilities management;
- (3) two persons shall represent the public.
- (b) The committee shall
- (1) review the department's priorities among projects for which school construction grants are requested;
- (2) make recommendations to the board concerning school construction grants and make recommendations to the commissioner
concerning projects for which bond reimbursement is requested;
- (3) develop criteria for construction of schools in the state; criteria developed under this paragraph must include
requirements intended to achieve cost effective school construction;
- (4) analyze existing prototypical designs for school construction projects;
- (5) establish a form for grant applications;
- (6) establish a method of ranking grant projects;
- (7) recommend to the board necessary changes to the approval process for school construction grants and for projects for
which bond reimbursement is requested.
- (c) Members of the committee serve without compensation, but members who are not representing the department are entitled
to per diem and travel expenses authorized for boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.