Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 11. Construction, Rehabilitation, and Improvement of Schools and Education- Related Facilities
- Section 11. Grant Applications.
previous: Section 10
. Recommendations and Evaluations of Projects. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 5 SLA 1990].
next: Section 13
. Department Review of Grant Applications.
AS 14.11.011. Grant Applications.
- (a) A municipality that is a school district or a regional educational attendance area may submit a request to the
department for a grant under this chapter.
- (b) For a municipality that is a school district or a regional educational attendance area to be eligible for a grant
under this chapter, the district shall submit
- (1) a six-year capital improvement plan that includes a description of the district's fixed asset inventory system and
preventive maintenance program no later than September 1 of the fiscal year before the fiscal year for which the
request is made; the six-year plan must contain for each proposed project a detailed scope of work, a project budget,
and documentation of conditions justifying the project;
- (2) evidence that the district has secured and will maintain adequate property loss insurance for the replacement cost of
all facilities for which state funds are available under AS 14.11.005
or 14.11.007 or has a program of insurance acceptable
to the department;
- (3) evidence acceptable to the department that the proposed project should be a capital improvement project and not part
of a preventive maintenance program or regular custodial care program; and
- (4) evidence acceptable to the department that the district
- (A) has a preventive maintenance plan that
- (i) includes a computerized maintenance management program, cardex system, or other formal systematic means of tracking
the timing and costs associated with planned and completed maintenance activities, including scheduled preventive
- (ii) addresses energy management for buildings owned or operated by the district;
- (iii) includes a regular custodial care program for buildings owned or operated by the district;
- (iv) includes preventive maintenance training for facility managers and maintenance employees;
- (v) includes renewal and replacement schedules for electrical, mechanical, structural, and other components of facilities
owned or operated by the district; and
- (B) is adequately adhering to the preventive maintenance plan.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.