Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 7. Administration of Public Schools
- Section 85. Appointment of Members.
previous: Section 80
. Creation and Term of Office. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 96 1967].
next: Section 90
. Appointment of Members. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 96 SLA 1967].
AS 14.07.085. Appointment of Members.
- (a) The seven members of the board, no more than four of whom shall be members of the same political party as the
governor, shall be appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by a majority of the members of the legislature
in joint session. In appointing board members, the governor shall consider recommendations made by recognized
educational associations in the state.
- (b) One member shall be appointed from each of the four judicial districts and three from the state at large with at least
one member representing regional educational attendance areas.
- (c) The members are entitled to the expenses, travel, and per diem allowances provided by law.
- (d) A member may act and receive compensation from the date of appointment until confirmation or rejection by the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.