Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 3. Public Schools Generally
- Section 95. Part-Time School Attendance.
previous: Section 90
. Partisan, Sectarian, or Denominational Doctrines Prohibited.
next: Section 100
. Use of School Facilities.
AS 14.03.095. Part-Time School Attendance.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a governing body shall, upon request, allow a child, including a child who
is also enrolled at a private school, is a correspondence student, or is being home schooled, to enroll as a part-time
student in the district. A governing body may not discriminate between part-time and full-time students or require that
part-time students be enrolled after full-time student enrollment is completed.
- (b) A governing body is not required to allow part-time enrollment if
- (1) the enrollment would be denied even if the enrollee were a full-time student; or
- (2) the enrollment would result in an expenditure of public funds for the direct benefit of a private educational
- (c) Part-time enrollment under this section does not constitute attendance for the purposes of AS 14.30.010
- (d) This section does not apply to interscholastic or extracurricular student activities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.