Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 40. Electrical and Mechanical Administrators
- Section 390. Exclusions.
previous: Section 380
next: Section 400
. Personal Supervision.
AS 08.40.390. Exclusions.
- (a) AS 08.40.210
- 08.40.490 do not apply to a utility, municipality,
or local governing body whose employees are engaged in mechanical work on an integral part of a system owned and
operated by the utility, municipality, or local governing body.
- (b) AS 08.40.210
- 08.40.490 do not apply to a person engaged in
- (1) the manufacture or repair of mechanical apparatus or equipment;
- (2) mechanical work, the cost of which does not exceed $50,000, involving residences or small commercial establishments in
- (A) have a population of under 5,000 according to the latest available federal or state census or other census approved by
the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development; or
- (B) are over 50 miles by air or water transportation from the business place of a mechanical administrator licensed under
AS 08.40.210 - 08.40.490;
- (3) mechanical installation on a single-family residence or a two-family residence that is not intended for sale at the
time of making the installation;
- (4) installation of water lines or sanitary, storm, or drain sewer lines more than five feet from a building;
- (5) mechanical maintenance or repair work if the work is performed by the person as an employee of an owner or tenant of
commercial property as part of the employee's work duties with respect to the property but is not offered or performed
as a service to the public;
- (6) design, installation, maintenance, or repair of fire extinguishing systems.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.