Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 11. Registration Required.
previous: Section 10
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 1968].
next: Section 13
. Categories of Contractors.
AS 08.18.011. Registration Required.
- (a) A person may not submit a bid or work as a contractor until that person has been issued a certificate of registration
as a contractor by the department. A partnership or joint venture shall be considered registered as a contractor if one
of the general partners or venturers whose name appears in the name under which the partnership or venture does
business is registered as a contractor.
- (b) A general contractor may not use a bid or proposal from, award a bid or proposal to, contract with, or allow a person
required to be registered under this chapter to work for the general contractor as a specialty contractor unless the
person is registered as a specialty contractor under this chapter.
- (c) Unless exempt under AS 08.18.156
or serving lawfully as an associate home inspector under (d) of this section, an individual may not perform a home
inspection for a residence
- (1) not previously occupied as a residence unless that individual is registered as a home inspector for new homes under
- (2) previously occupied as a residence unless that individual is registered as a home inspector for existing homes under
- (d) Notwithstanding (c) of this section, an individual who is not registered as a home inspector under this chapter may
perform a home inspection as an associate home inspector if the individual is
- (1) employed by a registered home inspector who supervises the associate's work and the inspection is of the type that the
supervising individual is authorized to perform; and
- (2) registered with the department as an associate home inspector.
- (e) A registered home inspector who employs an associate home inspector under (d) of this section is liable for the work
done by the associate home inspector.
- (f) An individual who holds a joint registration for home inspection is considered to be registered as both a home
inspector for new homes and a home inspector for existing homes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.