Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) For the purposes of assessing the fees for the application for, annual issuance of, or renewal of entry and interim-use permits, the commission will determine an individual to be a resident of this state if, on the date of permit application, issuance, or renewal, and throughout the 12-month period before that date, that individual
(1) except for brief intervals, military service, attendance at an educational or training institution, or absence for good cause is, and was, physically present in the state with the intent to remain in the state indefinitely and to make a home in the state; and
(2) did not claim or receive benefits as a resident of another state, territory or country.
(b) For purposes of (a) of this section, criteria relevant to the commission's determination of residence include
(1) where an individual is registered to vote;
(2) where an individual claims residence on the individual's income tax returns;
(3) where an individual registers or licenses the individual's personal property, including cars, boats, trucks, and trailers;
(4) by which state the individual is licensed to drive;
(5) in which state the individual maintains bank accounts, savings accounts, lines of credit, and other such financial relationships; and
(6) in which state the individual maintains a permanent place of abode.
History: Eff. 10/27/2001, Register 160
Authority: AS 01.10.055
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006