Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire websitesearch.
(a) A parent is eligible to participate in the arrears forgiveness program if the parent
(1) owes a combined total state debt of at least $1,500 in one or more child support cases;
(A) an ongoing child support obligation to the custodial parent or the state; or
(B) child support arrears to the custodial parent;
(3) meets one of the following criteria:
(A) is referred to the program by a qualified community-based organization, as provided in 15 AAC 125.653;
(B) has been incarcerated for more than one year immediately before the parent's application to participate in the program and has no other means of paying support while incarcerated, as provided in 15 AAC 125.655;
(C) as provided in 15 AAC 125.658, has failed to make voluntary payments for at least 24 consecutive months immediately before the parent's application to participate in the program, and
(i) has not actively avoided paying support during those 24 consecutive months; or
(ii) does not currently have the ability to pay support at the amount previously ordered;
(5) enters into a forgiveness agreement meeting the requirements of 15 AAC 125.665;
(6) has not been convicted of the crime of criminal nonsupport in this state or any other state; for purposes of this paragraph, notwithstanding the definition of "state" in 15 AAC 125.695, "state" has the meaning given in AS 01.10.060 (a); and
(7) has not previously enrolled in the arrears forgiveness program under 15 AAC 125.650 - 15 AAC 125.695 and been disqualified from the program due to failure to comply with a forgiveness agreement unless the agency determines that the parent had good cause for the parent's noncompliance, as provided in 15 AAC 125.683.
(b) Except for the requirements of (a)(2) of this section, a parent's eligibility under (a) of this section is determined as of the date the agency reviews the parent's application for approval under 15 AAC 125.660. If at any time during a parent's participation in the program the parent no longer meets the requirements of (a)(2) of this section, the agency will immediately terminate the parent's participation in the program, as provided in 15 AAC 125.685.
History: Eff. 4/1/2005, Register 173
Authority: AS 25.27.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006