Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
In AS 47.33 and this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
(1) "activities of daily living" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(2) "administrator" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(3) "business day" means a day other than Saturday, Sunday, or a state holiday;
(4) "care provider" means an employee of an assisted living home who provides direct care services to a resident of the home; "care provider" does not include an individual who is an employee of a care-providing entity that is not affiliated with the home;
(5) "department" means the Department of Health and Social Services;
(6) "direct care services" means assistance to a resident of an assisted living home with the activities of daily living and the instrumental activities of daily living;
(7) "emergency shelter" means a home or facility for transient occupants whose occupancy is short-term in nature, not intended to exceed 30 days; "emergency shelter" includes a respite home or facility;
(8) "food service" means the offering of food to residents of an assisted living home as required by 7 AAC 75.265;
(9) "home" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(10) "imminent danger to the health or safety of residents" means a situation that is likely to cause serious injury, harm, impairment, or death to one or more residents of an assisted living home;
(11) "instrumental activities of daily living" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(12) "provide" means to furnish, supply, or make available, whether by the owner or an employee of a home or by means of an independent contractor whose services are procured by the home;
(13) "resident" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(14) "residential services contract" means an agreement to provide services in an assisted living home as described in AS 47.33.010(a); "residential services contract" does not include an agreement that is solely for rent or for rent and food service, or an agreement between an individual and a friend, personal care attendant, chore provider, or monitor who provides assistance to the individual;
(15) "service coordinator" has the meaning given in AS 47.33.990 ;
(16) "universal precautions" means the infectious control precautions that are recommended by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to be used to prevent the transmission of blood-borne germs such as human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis B virus.
History: Eff. 7/1/95, Register 134; am 4/6/2002, Register 162; am 6/24/2004, Register 170
Authority: AS 47.33.410
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006