Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The department will consider the following factors in determining an administrative sanction under AS 47.33.550 :
(1) the nature and extent of the violation, and the extent to which the health or safety of residents is adversely affected, specifically considering whether the assisted living home's noncompliance
(A) is likely to have only a minor negative impact on a resident;
(B) results in minimal physical, mental, or psychosocial discomfort to a resident;
(C) results in actual harm to a resident as evidenced by compromising a resident's ability to maintain physical, mental, or psychosocial well-being; or
(D) results in a situation in which immediate corrective action is necessary because the noncompliance has caused, or is likely to cause, serious injury, harm, impairment, or death to a resident;
(2) whether the violation substantially limits the home's ability to render adequate care;
(3) whether the home has a history of violations, and, if so, the nature of the violations and whether the previous violations were corrected;
(4) whether the home failed to provide records to the department upon request;
(5) whether the home has submitted false or fraudulent information to the department.
(b) If the department imposes an administrative sanction, the administrator may appeal that action as described in AS 47.33.550 .
History: Eff. 4/6/2002, Register 162; am 6/24/2004, Register 170
Authority: AS 47.33.410
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006