Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The department will
(1) license assisted living homes in accordance with AS 47.33 and this chapter;
(2) investigate license applicants, licensees, and homes that are required to be licensed for compliance with AS 47.33 and this chapter;
(3) enforce the standards established by AS 47.33 and this chapter; and
(4) inspect and investigate complaints of abandonment, abuse, exploitation, neglect, or self-neglect in assisted living homes.
(b) The department may designate by a written agreement conforming to (c) of this section a state, municipal, or private agency to investigate and make recommendations to the department for the licensing of assisted living homes under procedures and standards of operation established by the department.
(c) An agreement executed under (b) of this section must include
(1) a description of the respective regulatory responsibilities of the department and the other agency;
(2) procedures for processing variance requests;
(3) procedures for record maintenance and sharing; and
(4) procedures for appealing the investigative findings and recommendations made by the designated agency for and to the department.
History: Eff. 7/1/95, Register 134; am 4/6/2002, Register 162; am 6/24/2004, Register 170
Authority: AS 47.33.410
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006