Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) This section applies to the management plans for Pacific cod as set out for the Prince William Sound Area (5 AAC 28.267) , Cook Inlet Area (5 AAC 28.367) , Kodiak Area (5 AAC 28.467) , Chignik Area (5 AAC 28.537) , and the South Alaska Peninsula Area (5 AAC 28.577) .
(b) Annual guideline harvest levels set out in these management plans depend on the Pacific cod stock assessments conducted by the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS).
(c) As used in this chapter, the term
(1) "estimated total allowable harvest" means the annual catch established by the North Pacific Fisheries Management Council (NPFMC) for Gulf of Alaska Pacific cod stocks including the harvest of Pacific cod in a state waters season defined in this subsection;
(2) "federal season" means a Pacific cod fishing season set by the NPFMC and implemented in the federal waters by the NMFS;
(3) "parallel season" means a Pacific cod fishing season in state waters established by the commissioner, under emergency order authority, to correspond with the times, and unless otherwise specified, the gear of the federal season in adjacent federal waters;
(4) "state waters season" mean a Pacific cod fishing season in the waters of Alaska that occurs while the federal season in adjacent federal waters is closed;
(5) "federal Eastern Gulf of Alaska" means the Eastern Gulf of Alaska regulatory area as defined for the federal waters by the NPFMC;
(6) "federal Central Gulf of Alaska" means the Central Gulf of Alaska regulatory area as defined for the federal waters by the NPFMC;
(7) "federal Western Gulf of Alaska" means the Western Gulf of Alaska regulatory area as defined for the federal waters by the NPFMC.
(d) A guideline harvest level specified within an area management plan for Pacific cod in this chapter will be considered to have been reached in any calendar year if the total harvest is within 10 percent of the guideline harvest level.
History: Eff. 4/4/97, Register 142; am 5/31/98, Register 146
Authority: AS 16.05.251
Editor's note: The description for the Gulf of Alaska Areas referenced in 5 AAC 28.081(c) (5) - (7) can be found in 50 C.F.R., Part 679.2 and Figure 3 of Part 679. Copies of the federal regulations can be obtained by writing to Fisheries Management Division, Alaska Region NMFS, P.O. Box 21668, Juneau, Alaska 99802; Phone (907) 586-7228.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006