Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The goal of this management plan is to allow the harvest of surplus Alagnak River sockeye salmon stocks in the Alagnak River Special Harvest Area when sockeye salmon returns to the Kvichak River prevent the harvest of sockeye salmon within the Kvichak District.
(b) The Alagnak River Special Harvest Area (ARSHA) consists of the waters of the Alagnak River from ADF&G regulatory markers located 1.5 miles upstream of its confluence with the Kvichak River, upstream to ADF&G regulatory markers located downstream of South Slough.
(c) Salmon may be taken in the ARSHA under this section only during fishing periods established by emergency order.
(d) Salmon may be taken in the ARSHA only with set gillnet gear. Salmon harvested in the ARSHA will not count against the allocations of sockeye salmon to the set gillnet fishery specified in 5 AAC 06.364(b) .
(e) When the ARSHA is open under this section, a set gillnet may only be operated as follows:
(1) a set gillnet may not exceed 25 fathoms in length;
(2) a set gillnet may not be set or operated within 150 feet of another set gillnet;
(3) during the operation of a set gillnet, a person may not place any part of the set gillnet, anchor, peg, stake, buoy, or other device to set the gillnet, more than 200 feet from the terrestrial vegetation line of a bank on the Alagnak River;
(4) a set gillnet must be operated in a substantially straight line perpendicular to the nearest bank of the Alagnak River;
(5) notwithstanding 5 AAC 39.240(a) , a vessel may not have more than 50 fathoms of set gillnet gear for each CFEC permit holder on board the vessel;
(6) all gear and equipment associated with set gillnet fishing in the ARSHA must be removed from the water when it is not being used to fish in the ARSHA.
(f) For the purpose of this section, "bank of the Alagnak River" does not include the banks of any island of the Alagnak River.
(g) The provisions of this section do not apply after December 31, 2005.
History: Eff. 6/15/2005, Register 174
Authority: AS 16.05.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006