Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) At or before a child's admission, a child care facility shall supply a parent with the following information in writing:
(1) enrollment requirements and procedures;
(2) fees and payment requirements;
(3) hours and days of operation, including holidays;
(4) in centers, a summary of the plan for supervision required by 4 AAC 62.400(a) - (c);
(5) number and ages of children served;
(6) policy and provisions for ill children, including parent or guardian permission for medication, if applicable;
(7) a typical daily schedule of activities for each age group of children in care;
(8) television and video cassette viewing, games, and computer use policy in compliance with 4 AAC 62.420(a) (7) and (8);
(9) behavior guidance practices in compliance with 4 AAC 62.435;
(10) cold weather outdoor play policy;
(11) meals and snacks served;
(12) parent permission policy for activities away from the facility;
(13) transportation arrangements, if any;
(14) parent access and visiting policy;
(15) the use of volunteer, substitute, and emergency caregivers;
(16) information provided by the department about the parent's role to help ensure a reasonably safe and developmentally appropriate environment and about the complaint investigation role of the department and the nearest department office; and
(17) parent notification policy on significant changes in the information addressed in this subsection.
(b) Repealed 2/8/2002.
(c) A child care facility shall maintain a small library of appropriate resources for the parents. At least one copy of a book, video tape, or other resource on parenting, child development, behavior management, child health and safety, literacy, learning activities for children, or a similar topic must be available for parent use for each five children in care.
History: Eff. 1/1/96, Register 136; am 3/1/98, Register 145; am 2/8/2002, Register 161; am 12/6/2002, Register 164
Authority: AS 14.37.010
Editor's note: As of Register 161, April 2002, the substance of former 4 AAC 62.310(b) appears in 4 AAC 62.420(e) .
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006