Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
Unless the context indicates otherwise, in this chapter
(1) "department" means the Department of Education and Early Development;
(2) "board" means the state Board of Education;
(3) "commissioner" means the Commissioner of Education and Early Development;
(4) "pre-elementary school" means a school for children ages three through five years whose primary function is educational;
(5) "certificate of approval" means a regular certificate issued to an operator of a pre-elementary school who has met the minimum requirements of this chapter;
(6) "operator" means the person legally responsible for the pre-elementary school;
(7) repealed 5/20/77.
(8) "staff member" means anyone who provides direct services to children in the classroom and may be any of the following:
(A) a person 19 years or over who is salaried;
(B) classroom volunteers who are at least 19 years of age;
(C) student aides who are enrolled in a training program who are at least 16 years of age;
(9) repealed 5/20/77.
History: Eff. 4/20/73, Register 45; am 5/20/77, Register 62
Authority: AS 14.07.020 (8)
Editor's note: As of Register 151 (October 1999), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS 44.62.125 (b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Education to the Department of Education and Early Development made by ch. 58, SLA 1999, and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of education.
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006