Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) The division will charge fees for each of the following services provided by the division through the State Library, including the Historical Collections section of the State Library, in the amounts set out after each:
(1) Photographic services: The division processes requests for the duplication of photographs from its collection using the duplication services of a private vendor. The processing fee payable to the division is $15 per photograph, except that the processing fee payable by a person who is a student is $1. The provisions of this paragraph apply to the use of an image in publishing, video production, self-copy, exhibits product presentations, interior design, digital format, advertising, or similar use, including for-profit work done by consultants or commercial design firms on behalf of government agencies or non-profit institutions. The processing fee is for one-time non-exclusive use. In addition to the processing fee, the person making a request for a photograph duplication service may be billed by the vendor for the fee or processor's cost of providing the duplicate photograph.
(2) Interlibrary loan services:
(A) for a rush request: $5 per request;
(B) for the loan of material for an out-of-state request: $10 per loan;
(C) for a request for photocopying material for an out-of-state request: $5, plus $0.25 per page.
(3) On-line search and alert services:
(A) for an on-line search, $15 per search, plus the actual costs that are incurred for telecommunications, file use, and retrieved data for the search;
(B) for an alert service, $15, as a one-time set-up fee, plus actual costs.
(4) Photocopying services:
(A) $0.10 per page for self-service;
(B) $0.10 per page, plus $20 per hour for photocopying by division personnel; for photocopying services that are subject to the fee charged by this subparagraph,
(i) the amount of the fee shall be charged in the amount of $5 for each 15 minute period of time expended by division personnel for the work performed; and
(ii) the per hour fee is not charged for the first 10 photocopies of material in the Historical Collections section.
(5) For special services rendered by the staff: The division will charge a person who requests special services rendered by the staff in an amount based on
(A) actual costs; and
(B) actual staff time rendered that takes into consideration the hourly cost of the salary and benefits payable to any staff member assigned to respond to the request; however, the charge made for staff time under this subparagraph may not exceed $40 per hour per staff member.
(b) The division will process without charge an interlibrary loan service request for which provision for a charge for services is not made in (a)(2) of this section.
(c) The director will, in the director's discretion, waive a fee set out in (a) of this section, in whole or in part,
(1) under the terms of the reciprocal agreement, if a request for a service is made by a library with which the division has entered into a reciprocal agreement; or
(2) if the director determines that waiver of the fee is in the public interest.
History: Eff. 12/13/87, Register 104; am 2/24/88, Register 105; am 7/1/89, Register 110; am 5/1/98, Register 146
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006