Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) A district that is required under 4 AAC 06.840(d) to undertake restructuring at a school designated as Level 5 under 4 AAC 06.835(a) shall prepare a plan to carry out one of the following alternative governance arrangements:
(1) reopening the school as a charter school under AS 14.03.250 - 14.03.290;
(2) replacement of all or most of the school staff, including the school's principal if necessary, who are relevant to the school's inability to demonstrate adequate yearly progress;
(3) entering into a contract with an entity with a demonstrated record of effectiveness, to operate the school as a public school; that entity may include a private management company;
(4) transferring operation of the school to the department, to operate as a special school under AS 14.07.030 , if the department agrees to the transfer;
(5) any other major restructuring of the school's governance arrangement.
(b) If the school for which the district created the restructuring plan in (a) of this section continues not to make adequate yearly progress, the district shall implement the restructuring plan at the beginning of the school year following the creation of the plan.
History: Eff. 11/23/2003, Register 168
Authority: AS 14.03.123
Note to HTML Version:
Last modified 7/05/2006