Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) In addition to the board members appointed under AS 14.07.085 , the board will appoint, as advisory members of the board,
(1) one military representative; and
(2) repealed 3/31/2005;
(3) one student advisory member elect and one student advisory member who are enrolled in a state public secondary education program; the student advisory member elect becomes the student advisory member under (e) of this section.
(b) The senior military commander in the state may designate the advisory member of the board representing the military. The designation must include a written statement of qualifications and a resume of the designee.
(c) The Alaska Association of School Governments may nominate candidates for the appointment of a student advisory member elect under (a) of this section as follows:
(1) the association may nominate not less than three and not more than five individuals who will not have reached the 12th grade at the time of appointment for consideration as the student advisory member elect;
(2) the association may submit the names of nominees to the board; the department will provide the association with not less than 30 days advance notice of the date that the nominations must be submitted to the board;
(3) if the association submits the names of nominees to the board, the association shall provide a written statement of qualifications or resume for each nominee and a letter written by each nominee stating the contributions that the nominee would make as the student advisory member to the board.
(d) The board will, at a regular meeting, select a student advisory member elect from among the individuals nominated under (c) of this section. The term of the student advisory member elect commences immediately upon selection by the board and terminates on June 30 of the same school year in which the student advisory member elect was appointed.
(e) The board will rotate the student advisory member elect to the position of student advisory member commencing on July 1 immediately following the school year in which the student was appointed student advisory member elect. The term of office of the student advisory member is one year and terminates on June 30 of the school year in which the term commenced.
(f) Advisory members and advisory members elect under this section are entitled to expenses, travel, and per diem allowances provided by law for members of state boards and commissions.
(g) Advisory members appointed under this section may participate in the work of the board, and may deliberate and debate matters brought to the attention of the board. An advisory member, except an advisory member elect, may cast an advisory vote, but an advisory vote is not counted in determining the disposition of board matters.
(h) Advisory members elect shall attend meetings but may not cast a vote.
History: Eff. 2/11/89, Register 109; am 5/28/92, Register 122; am 4/14/95, Register 134; am 7/25/2001, Register 159; am 3/31/2005, Register 173
Authority: AS 14.07.060
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006