Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
To be eligible to receive a distribution under the payment in lieu of taxes for cities in the unorganized borough program, a city must
(1) be located within the circumference of the boundaries of a federally designated area in the unorganized borough;
(2) be incorporated as a city under AS 29.04.010 - 29.04.020 before October 1 of the state fiscal year in which the distribution is requested;
(3) submit a resolution to the department that requests the distribution and verifies that
(A) the city has conducted a regular election during the state fiscal year preceding the state fiscal year in which the distribution is requested and has reported the results of the election to the commissioner;
(B) regular meetings of the city's governing body are held in the city and a record of the proceedings is maintained; and
(C) local ordinances adopted by the city have been codified in accordance with AS 29.25.050 ;
(4) adopt and submit to the department a copy of the city's budget for its fiscal year in which the distribution is requested;
(5) for a home rule or first class city, file with the department a copy of the city's audit for the city's second fiscal year preceding its fiscal year in which the distribution is requested; and
(6) for a second class city, file with the department a copy of the city's audit or certified statement of annual income and expenditures for the city's second fiscal year preceding its fiscal year in which the distribution is requested.
History: Eff. 10/4/97, Register 144
Authority: AS 44.33.020
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006