Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) At least 20 days before the application period begins under 3 AAC 149.030(a) , the department will announce an application development period for each seafood development region established in AS 44.33.065 (b). The department will
(1) publish the announcement in each seafood development region, in at least one newspaper of general circulation in that region; and
(2) send the announcement to each commercial fishing permit holder on record with the Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission for each fishery in that seafood development region.
(b) After the department announces the application development period, an organization may submit written notice of its intention to apply for designation as a qualified regional seafood development association and describe its
(1) proposed mission statement;
(2) proposed management structure;
(3) proposed economic development goals and strategies;
(4) plan to involve all eligible commercial fishing permit holders from fisheries in each seafood development region for which the association seeks designation as a qualified regional seafood development association;
(5) mechanisms to administer state financial assistance under AS 44.33.065 (d) fairly; and
(6) attempts to gain support from commercial fishing permit holders from fisheries in each seafood development region for which the organization seeks designation as a qualified regional seafood development association.
(c) The department will conduct an in-person or telephonic meeting with each organization to discuss the organization's proposal.
(d) If the department receives more than one response from a seafood development region, the department will encourage and assist the responding organizations to work together to develop an application that addresses the interests of all the responding organizations.
(e) The department will prepare a summary report after each meeting that the department has under this section with an organization. The department will make the summary report available for public inspection.
History: Eff. 2/24/2005, Register 173
Authority: AS 44.33.065
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006