Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
Unless the context indicates otherwise, in this chapter
(2) "approved budget" means an applicant's budget that
(A) has been approved by the applicant's governing body;
(C) applies to the applicant's budget year, which includes July 1 of the entitlement year;
(3) "commissioner" means the commissioner of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(4) "computation year" means the state fiscal year in which an applicant submits an application for state aid under AS 29.60 and in which the department computes an applicant's entitlement;
(5) "data elements" means locally generated revenue eligible for inclusion under AS 29.60.010 ; the computed assessed property value of a utility if required under AS 29.60.030 (d); the full and true value of property for second class cities as provided under AS 29.60.030 (e)(3); the full and true value of property for taxing units within a municipality; miles of public roads and ice roads eligible for payment under AS 29.60.110 ; hospitals, hospital beds, health facilities, and health facility beds eligible for payment under AS 29.60.120 ; population served by a volunteer fire department that is eligible for payment under AS 29.60.130 ; eligibility of a community for aid to unincorporated communities under AS 29.60.140 ; and prior-year adjustments under 3 AAC 130.121 and 3 AAC 130.122.
(6) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(7) "director" means the director of the municipal and regional assistance division in the department;
(8) "division" means the municipal and regional assistance division in the department;
(9) "entitlement year" means the state fiscal year for which an applicant seeks state aid under AS 29.60;
(10) "full value of property" means full value of taxable real and personal property, computed in the manner set out in AS 14.17.140 ;
(11) "full and true value of property" means full and true assessed property value computed under AS 29.60.030 (d) and (e), which is used to calculate the millage rate equivalent under AS 29.60.010 (b);
(12) "permanent resident" means a person whose primary place of residence is within the corporate limits of an applicant that is a municipality;
(13) "primary place of residence" means the place where a person sleeps on a weekly basis; if a person has more than one residence, "primary place of residence" means the place where the person sleeps more often during the calendar year;
(14) "program" means a program of state aid under AS 29.60 which is implemented by this chapter;
(15) "public purpose" means a purpose the objective of which is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of the residents of an unincorporated community or municipality of the state.
History: Eff. 8/20/81, Register 79; am 10/18/87, Register 104; am 8/19/88, Register 107; am 12/1/2002, Register 164
Authority: AS 29.60.070
Editor's note: As of Register 171 (October 2004), the regulations attorney made technical revisions under AS\n 44.62.125(b)(6) to reflect the name change of the Department of Community and Economic Development to the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development made by ch. 47, SLA 2004 and the corresponding title change of the commissioner of community and economic development.
Note to HTML Version:
Last modified 7/05/2006