Made available by
Touch N' Go Systems, Inc., and the
Law Offices of James B. Gottstein.
You can also go to The Alaska Legal Resource Center or search the entire website search.
(a) An applicant for a grant from the fund shall submit an application to the authority on a form provided by the authority. The applicant shall provide the following information:
(1) the date of application;
(2) the legal name of the applicant and the legal authority under which it is created;
(3) a statement that the applicant is a certificated electrical utility, or a statement why it is exempt from certification under AS 42.05.711 ;
(4) a certified copy of the resolution or other official action taken by the applicant's governing body authorizing the applicant to apply for the grant;
(5) the name, title, and address of the applicant's authorized representative for the purposes of the grant application;
(6) the names and titles of the applicant's principal officers, including the chief executive officer or general manager;
(7) the names and addresses of the engineer, legal counsel, financial advisor or consultant, and any management, engineering, design, economic, or other advisors or consultants that the applicant has for the project;
(8) the total eligible project costs;
(9) the total ineligible project costs, including the cost of design, planning, and feasibility;
(10) a description of the use to which the grant money will be applied, including
(A) the geographic location of the line extension or improvement to be made to existing utilities;
(B) the physical components and the electrical characteristics of the project;
(C) the proposed allocation of grant money for each purpose or to each phase of a project, such as permitting, site preparation, construction, and the expected date of start-up and completion of each phase;
(D) whether the grant will be used to extend service to private residences or small businesses, or will be used to make improvements to existing utilities;
(E) a description of the project sufficient to determine its technical feasibility; and
(F) identification of sources and amounts of money the applicant proposes to use to pay for its share of the project's costs;
(11) for line extension projects, the number of existing primary residences and the number of existing small businesses that have signed commitments to purchase power from the applicant if the project is constructed;
(12) for improvements to existing utilities, a description of the project's benefits to the utility and customers in its service area;
(13) a project budget showing how grant money and the money the applicant contributes will be spent for the project;
(14) copies of power sales agreements, hook up agreements, or other documentation verifying customer commitments to purchase electrical service under the applicant's current tariff if the project is constructed;
(15) evidence that all permits and rights-of-way needed for the construction of the project can be secured in time to allow construction to proceed on the schedule provided under (10)(C) of this subsection; and
(16) evidence that the utility is capable of contributing the matching funds required in 3 AAC 107.515 from loans, grants, proceeds from hookup fees, or other sources of funding.
(b) The applicant shall provide any additional information requested by the authority so the authority can evaluate the application under 3 AAC 107.530.
History: Eff. 2/16/96, Register 137
Authority: AS 44.45.200
Note to HTML Version:
The Alaska Administrative Code was automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, but neither Touch N' Go Systems nor the Law Offices of James B. Gottstein can be held responsible for any possible errors. This version of the Alaska Administrative Code is current through June, 2006.
If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Administrative Code be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. Recent editions of the Alaska Administrative Journal may be obtained from the Alaska Lieutenant Governor's Office on the world wide web. If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful. Copyright 2006. Touch N' Go Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified 7/05/2006